Due to a technical glitch, the meeting was not recorded and is not available here on the web site. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Below is a meeting summary supplied by the Buckland Town Administrator.
Discussion & Decisions of the Buckland Select Board, July 23, 2019
- Approved a transfer of license for Buckland Pizza.
- Accepted a bid and approved Notice of Award for low bid for the Upper Street Roadway Improvement Project to GEG Construction, Inc. for $782,633.20. It was further approved that the balance between the bid award price and the grant award amount should be spent on further road reconstruction and decrease the amount of overlay.
- Heard an update from Stacy Kontrabecki and others about the Mohawk Woodlands Partnership. The Select Board did not take action but vote to refer the issue for inclusion at the next Annual Town Meeting. It would be requested that FRCOG and the Partnership have an informational session prior to the Town Meeting and that Town Counsel review the proposed article language.
- Heard an update regarding the Ashfield Broadband
- Responded to the Senior Center questionnaire and:
- Voted to offer the current Buckland Police Station Building to for consideration to the Senior Center Expansion Committee
- Asked TA to find out what other regionally-owned municipal service facilities exist in the state for modeling purposes.
- Heard an update on the Highway Facility Update, Approve Change Order #7 accepting an approximately 21,000 credit.
- Scheduled a Special Town Meeting for Oct. 17. Warrant opens today July 24 and closes August 28th.
- Approved a One Day Liquor License for the Blue Rock Restaurant for the Bridge of Flowers Road Race on August 18.
- Approved a letter of support for the Town of Ashfield for a 2019 Mass Works Grant
- Approved a Street Use Permit for GSFABA’s, Annual Bridge Dinner, Sunday, Aug. 18, 2019
- Approved a Letter of Support for GSFABA’s Mass Dot, Bridge Closure for the Annual Bridge Dinner.
- Heard Town Administrator’s update which:
o Cancelled the 1st meeting in September, 9/10
o Authorized the applications of the Small Town Capital Grant for Waste Water I&I funding and the META Grant for a community shared solar assessment.
o Appointed the TA as the Alternate to the FRCOG Council.
o Authorized the publication of a help wanted to fill vacancy in the Hwy Dept. and advertise for temporary help
o Authorized the payment for 30 additional hours to the committee clerk for work on the shared office file management project.