Due to an unanticipated error of unknown origin, the Buckland Select Board Meeting of Tuesday Sept. 24 recording is missing the last 16 minutes or so. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Due to a technical glitch, the meeting was not recorded and is not available here on the web site. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Below is a meeting summary supplied by the Buckland Town Administrator.
Discussion & Decisions of the Buckland Select Board, July 23, 2019
- Approved a transfer of license for Buckland Pizza.
- Accepted a bid and approved Notice of Award for low bid for the Upper Street Roadway Improvement Project to GEG Construction, Inc. for $782,633.20. It was further approved that the balance between the bid award price and the grant award amount should be spent on further road reconstruction and decrease the amount of overlay.
- Heard an update from Stacy Kontrabecki and others about the Mohawk Woodlands Partnership. The Select Board did not take action but vote to refer the issue for inclusion at the next Annual Town Meeting. It would be requested that FRCOG and the Partnership have an informational session prior to the Town Meeting and that Town Counsel review the proposed article language.
- Heard an update regarding the Ashfield Broadband
- Responded to the Senior Center questionnaire and:
- Voted to offer the current Buckland Police Station Building to for consideration to the Senior Center Expansion Committee
- Asked TA to find out what other regionally-owned municipal service facilities exist in the state for modeling purposes.
- Heard an update on the Highway Facility Update, Approve Change Order #7 accepting an approximately 21,000 credit.
- Scheduled a Special Town Meeting for Oct. 17. Warrant opens today July 24 and closes August 28th.
- Approved a One Day Liquor License for the Blue Rock Restaurant for the Bridge of Flowers Road Race on August 18.
- Approved a letter of support for the Town of Ashfield for a 2019 Mass Works Grant
- Approved a Street Use Permit for GSFABA’s, Annual Bridge Dinner, Sunday, Aug. 18, 2019
- Approved a Letter of Support for GSFABA’s Mass Dot, Bridge Closure for the Annual Bridge Dinner.
- Heard Town Administrator’s update which:
o Cancelled the 1st meeting in September, 9/10
o Authorized the applications of the Small Town Capital Grant for Waste Water I&I funding and the META Grant for a community shared solar assessment.
o Appointed the TA as the Alternate to the FRCOG Council.
o Authorized the publication of a help wanted to fill vacancy in the Hwy Dept. and advertise for temporary help
o Authorized the payment for 30 additional hours to the committee clerk for work on the shared office file management project.
The recording of the Buckland Town meeting is incomplete. It shows about 2 hours and 57 minutes of the meeting. It includes 95% of the discussion on the Planning Board’s Bylaw warrant article. It does not show the actual paper ballot voting process. It also does not show the announcement of the paper ballot results (111-36). It does not show any discussion or voting on articles that came after Article 18. We apologize for any inconvenience. You can view the meeting by choosing the Buckland section of the Town Government pull-down menu above.
The Annual Town Election will be held on Monday May 6 upstairs in the Buckland Town Hall, 17 State St., from 10 AM – 8 PM.
The Election warrant can be viewed at – https://www.town.buckland.ma.us/sites/bucklandma/files/uploads/ate_warrant_5-6-19.pdf
The Annual Town Meeting will be held Wed. May 8 in the Mohawk Trail School auditorium at 7 PM.
A copy of the Annual Town Meeting warrant is available at the Town Hall or online on the Town of Buckland web site
More info about the Town Budget to be voted on at Town Meeting is available at – https://www.town.buckland.ma.us/home/news/annual-town-meeting
More info about ARTICLE 19: BAN ON SINGLE USE PLASTICS is available at – https://www.town.buckland.ma.us/sites/bucklandma/files/uploads/article_19_ban_on_single_use_plastics_0.pdf
The video of the meeting can be found in the Other section of the Shows pull down menu above.
The video of the meeting can be found by clicking on the Town Government menu selection above, then choosing Shelburne and then the meeting.
You’ll find the video in the Buckland section of the Town Government pull-down menu above.
The recent Buckland Selectboard meeting was conducted in two parts, each of which was recorded by Falls Cable. In the Town Government section for Buckland the videos are labeled Part 1 and Part 2. Be sure to view both videos.
After an initial weather related postponement the Mary Lyon Spelling Bee was held on Nov. 29. To watch the video click on the Shows pull-down menu above and choose the Other category. The Spelling Bee can be found there.